File Cabinet Icon

Needed To File Your Taxes Online

The following is a list of some of the items you will need to file your taxes online this year.

  • Computer with a modem or Internet access
  • A copy of last year's tax return
  • Prior year Personal Identification Number (PIN), if applicable
  • Personal identification (driver's license, Social Security card for you and your spouse, if applicable, showing the SSN(s)
  • The Social Security cards of your dependents, if applicable
  • Forms W-2 from all of your employers
  • Forms 1099-INT showing interest paid to you throughout the year
  • Form 1099-G showing any refund, credit or offset of state and local taxes
  • All receipts pertaining to your small business
  • Forms 1099-DIV and Forms 1099-R
  • Income receipts from rental real estate, royalties, partnerships, S corporation, trusts
  • Unemployment compensation
  • Social Security benefits
  • Other income

If you are going to itemize your deductions (using a Schedule A) you may also need:

  • Medical and dental expenses
  • Receipts from taxes you paid such as state and local taxes, real estate taxes, personal property taxes
  • Form 1098 for home mortgage interest and points
  • Receipts for charitable contributions and gifts
  • Casualty and theft losses
  • Job expenses